Comments

Friday, June 28, 2013

2.1.4 NAS Assembly Part 4

Posted by at Friday, June 28, 2013 Read our previous post

Part 4 - Assembly Finale

*Warning: All of 2.1 will be packed with pictures, bandwidth intensive.
*Click to enlarge







Quite a mess.









All done! 

Glamorous shot =)

Say "Hi" to your new friend.



I used a comical looking USB hub as there's a need to swap thumbdrives for different OS during testing.

Blue leds


Temporary placement of NAS while I install the operating system. I'm gonna hide it in one secret corner upon commissioning.

Next up, operating system installation & configurations.

5 comments:

  1. Do post the temperature of your NAS. Can't wait for your next installment.

    Also could u list the part, price and also where u buy it ? Would be awesome if you can include your HDD as well. Thanks !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think he is shy to post the temperature... Lol... he refused to change the fan...

    But nevertheless, it is an impressive setup and I'm attracted to the flexibility in comparison to off the shelf ones...

    Ah Kim

    Ah kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. What i liked about the current system fan is the silence it offered. I'm thinking about adding another fan to the enclosure as I've plenty of space inside; this will surely be more effective than changing the fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really inspiring! I also find the NAS selling at SLS too pricey. I'm gonna follow your set up. But just curious - why 2TB and not 4TB? So you will have more room for addons or for bigger space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I opt for 2GB just to keep my start up cost down. If you got the budget, get the 4TB. =)

      Delete

© Build Your Own NAS (BYON) is powered by Blogger - Best view with Firefox / Chrome on a desktop